Wednesday 5 March 2014

Day one #40acts



Like many others across the nation I have signed up for the 40 Acts movement. All through lent I will be participating in big and small actions that help me give back, live generously and do good! As much as I want to bless others over lent I have an expectation that I will end up learning and growing through it too. I'm excited about the challenges and all that is to come!

Today's challenge was to write a gratitude list. I enjoy being thankful to God for the 'highlight' moments of my day but it was really good to sit and write down not only those wow moments but the little, seemingly insignificant, things in my life that I forget to be thankful for. 

I'm thankful that I am a chosen child of God
I'm thankful I have a husband who loves me despite my faults and failings
I'm thankful for our flat and our car
I'm thankful I get to do a job I love doing
I'm thankful for the friends I have around me who support me and make me laugh

I'm thankful for the sun which is shining right now!
I'm thankful for clothes to wear 
I'm thankful for clean running water that comes out of a tap
I'm thankful for food to eat
I'm thankful for social media which allows me to connect easily to far away friends