Friday 7 March 2014

Day three #40acts



Today we have been encouraged to think about what's in our toolbox, or in other words, to think about what resources we have to hand that we can give out at anytime. I don't want to sit here and get all boastful about my list, but I was surprised with how much I have. 

Yesterday I mentioned our Kids Church offering mantra "God gave us everything and we want to give him something back to say thank you." Yes, God gave me everything and that's not just the things of monetary value, it includes all the things in my toolbox. The gifts, talents and resources I have are mine because he gave them to me.

There are tools that I love and therefore use all the time but I'm aware that I have tools that sometimes go to waste because I don't take the opportunities to use them. How much TIME do I waste away on Facebook? How much MONEY do I waste away on unecessary purchases? How many times do I keep quiet about JESUS? 

If God has given me my toolbox then he wants me to be using it. Lord, help me to once again to remember that everything I have comes from you. Help me to use what you have given me wisely. 

*my rather amazing friend Alice is also blogging her #40acts journey. You can find her at www.hellotheremynameisalice.blogspot.com go take a peek*