Thursday 20 March 2014

Day fourteen #40acts



A day of not letting your left hand know what your right hand is up to. It's also a day of not letting you guys know either! My act of generosity will forever remain anonymous. 

As I can't say anything about today's challenge I thought I'd let you know how blessed I've been through doing #40acts. I think I wrote in my blog on day one how I suspected that I'd become better off for doing all these generosity and blessing acts. A kind of reverse generosity. In 2008 I went on a two week mission trip to Uganda. I went out there to serve and give my all to the people I met and the church and orphanage I worked in. I'm sure in different ways I made an impact but I know for sure that the lessons I learned, seeing utter poverty, watching how faithful people were and how much they gave out of the little they had, transformed my life so much more! That's what I mean when I say reverse blessing. 

So, during #40acts as I've been writing thank you notes, collecting loose change, giving generously, I've also been the recipient of three separate thank you notes. Along with the thank you notes were gift cards with various amounts of money on them. All the thank you notes were for work or other things I've done but none of them were ever expected. So a reverse blessing! 

Is anyone else finding themselves being reversely blessed during #40acts?