Monday 17 March 2014

Day eleven #40acts



Confession time. I don't always remember to take the reusable bags to the supermarket. I don't recycle everything because sometimes I just can't be bothered to wash out tins or bottles. Since getting a car, despite saying I wouldn't use it all the time, I do! 

Today's challenge woke me up to my own laziness towards looking after the planet. Annoyingly I only read the challenge after I'd already been to Tesco's (in the car!) and used plastic bags! Whoops! So to attempt making this up I spent some time looking up what I can and cannot recycle. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of items that can be recycled these days, and also a little shocked by my own ignorance. From today I am going to endeavour to make more of an effort with the recycling and remember that every little bit can help to change the world!