Thursday 17 April 2014

Day thirty eight #40acts



A very wise person once told me, 'Unforgiveness is like you drinking the poison and expecting the other person to die.' To this day I remember this little quote. It's so true! Someone hurts me, I get angry, I sit with it, I get more angry, the anger turns to bitterness, I keep hold of the bitterness that works it's way into hate. Meanwhile, the person who has hurt me skips about their life blissfully unaware that I'm harbouring all these feelings of anger, bitterness and hate towards them. It's a no brainer as to who is worse off in this scenario yet time after time I do it. I keep hold of yucky feelings instead of giving them over to God and forgiving. 
Today I let rip with God and did some forgiving. Some things were really small but I knew I still needed to let them go and some of them were a bit bigger and even though I've said the forgiveness words, I expect I will need to keep on forgiving until I've let go completely.
I don't want to spend my life drinking the poison and I want to get better at letting go quicker.