Friday 18 April 2014

Day thirty nine #40acts



I wasn't very inspired when I read today's act. It's Good Friday, and Good Friday in the life of a kids worker means being at church all day. Being at church all day means being in contact with Christians all day. I knew I wasn't going to find anyone and change their view of God. However, I decided to look just at the sharing my story bit. I managed to chat to one person about how God had called me into kids work. It's a very small part of a much bigger story and it doesn't convey giving my life to God or anything like that, but it's a story of how God was speaking, guiding and showing me my purpose. Sharing my 'calling' with that one person today may not have done anything for them except they understand better why I'm passionate about my job. It really spoke to me though. In a time where I really need God to reveal to me his plans, it's reminded me of that time four years ago where I also needed Gods direction and he showed up and look what happened! I know God has my whole story written and he's holding it in his hands.